In a matter of a minute, I recall having made 5choices I wish I could take back!
After saying some prayers tonight for detachment, spiritual healing and for Aaliyah, I started to reflect on my day and what things I needed to improve on to be a better me.
Since the incident yesterday with Aaliyah, I’ve tried to be more attentive to her which means later meal times, messier home, sweaty armpits from being playful and a physically tired mum. I’m not going to complain, it brings me joy to know that I made my daughter happy.
It’s hard to remind myself that nothing is more important than paying attention to this little voice mumbling words/sounds from down below. The mental list of things to do is non-stop everyday but I guess it’s never as important than being there and paying attention to your child.
So I’ve made my list of things I can improve on. My new mentalist of being a better me. Sometimes when I’m in an argument with Nav, I don’t take notice of what the actual conversation is about until after. That majority of the time we argue, it consists of problems with no solutions. And there’s just no point to it. So my solution to creating a better me, is to build my new mental list of problems with solutions:
1. iPhone – in my household, our iPhones are used EVERYWHERE. As we walk in the door, in our rooms, while putting baby to sleep, in the bathroom, on the toilet, In front of the tv, going for a walk, going to the park, going out, while in the company of family or friends. Everywhere! Solution: limit my use by keeping the phone in the room the whole day unless it NEEDS to be with me. ie: waiting for an important call.
2. Routine – I’m not the type of person to follow routine but recently I’ve realised how important it is for Aaliyah and also for myself and Nav. It also puts my day into perspective and I’m more confident throughout the day knowing what the plan is. Solution:ie: wakeup, wash faces, pray, breakfast, tv, snack, reading, activity, lunch, relax, nap, clean/sew/emails/iPhone, music time, snack, dinner, brush teeth, pjs, play, read, pray, sleep.
3. Love – it’s important to keep or make our relationship a healthy one. We’ve always had issues since the beginning and now with a baby it’s even harder. Solution:So once a week atleast, we should organise a date night while the inlaws babysit Aaliyah. This starts tomorrow eeek!
4. Communication – it has never been a strong point for me. It’s takes me a while to speak sometimes because I tend to really think about what to say, more specifically which exact words to use so that what I say is right!. I guess this is an ongoing thing I have to monitor.
5. Attending to Aaliyah – I get carried away sometimes with whatever I’m doing and I forget that Aaliyah has been trying to get my attention for the last minute. How rude :( Solution: who cares about the mess, who cares about what show is on the tv, who cares if Nav and I have dinner later than usual, who cares if I’m smelly and grubby. Aaliyah doesn’t care so why should I!? I need to forget about everything and be there for Aaliyah when she needs me! This is the path I’ve chosen.
6. Fit and healthy: were always slacking off to feeding our bodies poison! Solution: more veggies and fruits and less/no junk food or takeAway. Plan food ahead!
Let’s see how this goes!